Female Hair Transplant
At our Clinic, we are well aware of the fact that women suffering from hair loss need to be treated in a different way as compared to men. Since female hair loss has a different pattern, both hair and eyebrow restorations in women require an altogether different approach as well. Hair loss is more diffuse among women, and it can occur at any age. Male hair loss is chiefly caused by genetic factors, while female hair loss depends on conditions too.
Thinning of hair leads to a loss of confidence among women as hair is considered a woman’s most valued ornament. Female hair loss, therefore, requires either medical or surgical treatment. Women generally become aware of hair loss when they are going through menopausal period. At this stage, they realise that their hairline in the middle of the scalp is becoming thin. It is very rare for a woman to suffer hair loss in the frontal hairline.
Worry not, females for your hair loss problem can be solved medically or surgically. This has been proved by a recent research conducted by the International Society of Hair Restoration Surgery. In their recent studies, they found out that the number of women being treated for hair loss successfully has increased in the last decade. In 2008, 15% of hair surgery patients were women, which was four per cent higher than what it was in 2004. The trend of women going for hair transplant is on the rise.
Establishing the Correct Diagnosis
Every patient, who comes to our clinic, goes through hormonal and medical evaluation for their current hair loss. Again, evaluation of female hair loss is done differently as compared to men. Since knowing compete history and physical attributes is the first step towards understanding hair loss pattern in a woman, you will be asked about it during your initial consultation with our expert. After that, we will carry out disease specific medical evaluation.
A number of conditions other than ‘hereditary balding’ causes diffuse hair loss in women. A disease specific work up is necessary because it helps in finding out which of the treatment methods (medical, surgical or a combination of both) is apt for that particular person. The final decision of hair transplant procedure is conditioned by these factors – has your hair loss stopped, is your loss mainly at the hairline, and is balding concentrated in one or two areas?
Who Is a Candidate For Hair or Eyebrow Restoration?
Women whose hair is thinning on the scalp and eyebrows can go for hair restoration. Also, women, who have lost some but not all her hair owing to burns or other scalp injuries, can go for hair transplant. Here is the list of specific conditions that makes a woman a candidate of hair transplant.
- Women looking for a restructuring of their hairline.
- Women who are facing hair loss owing to mechanical or traction alopecia (non-hormonal).
- Women with a pattern of baldness, akin to male pattern baldness-hairline recession, vertex thinning (on the crown or top of the scalp), and a donor area that is averse to getting affected by Androgenetic Alopecia.
- Women suffering from hair loss thanks to trauma like burn victims and women with scars caused by accident.
- Women who underwent cosmetic or plastic surgery in past and are facing hair loss around the incision sites now.
- Women with traction alopecia or alopecia marginalis.
- Women who has a penchant for thickening or restoring eyebrows.
Steps before hair transplantation
- Personal consultation to find out if you are fit for hair transplantation
- Evaluation of the donor area to find out how many follicular units can be extracted from there
- Examination of the donor area to calculate the final number of grafts needed
- Knowing the coast of hair transplant
- Decision is taken
- Pre procedure and post procedure instructions are explained
- Medical history report
- Photographic record
- Booking procedure date
- Hair Replacement Procedures
MAX FUE hair transplant
Improvements in hair transplantation techniques mean that those female patients, who were in past considered unsuitable for the procedure, can go through hair transplant now. The new techniques of AUTOMATED MaX FUE and BioFue have made it possible to transplant any number of grafts to treat baldness in women too. On an average, we transplant around 1500 grafts by unshaven FUE technique. The full grown results can be visible after 6 to 9 months. The post procedure recovery is similar to that of male hair transplant. Hair transplant is thus a natural, and permanent solution to hair loss in women. It causes no side effects either.
Our hair transplant comes with following advantages:
- No admission or stay is needed.
- You can get on with your daily work from the next day.
- The procedure is done using local anesthesia and helps you recover fast.
- Natural angle and direction are maintained to ensure an absolutely natural look in women. We use special technique and special instruments for plantation.
- Thinning areas get thickened without causing any damage to or removal of the existing hair follicles.
- Makes use of the dense packing procedure to ensure a relatively high density in treated areas.
- Minimize scarring is caused in both donor and recipient sites.
- Unshaven FUE technique is used for females
Hair grafting or hair implantation, also dubbed hair transplant surgery refers to an outpatient surgical procedure.
We treat our female patients suffering from hair loss using the latest Automated FUE technique. With the help of this new technology, women facing hair loss, receding hairlines or thinning eyebrows have received amazing aesthetics results.
There are generally two types of surgical procedures available for women desirous of thicker hair or fuller eyebrows. The first method is Strip method, and the second, which is considered a simpler surgical method, is named Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE).
Of the two procedures, FUE is considered more effective for it is known to have caused no large linear scar at the back of a patient’s scalp. As compared with the Strip method, FUE is more popular because it features no sutures or staples besides having less complicated healing. It also has lower risks of bleeding and nerve damage is nearly non-existent. This procedure is also carried out amid the safety and comfort of a small outpatient office surgical setting.
FAQS - Female Hair Transplant
Yes, women whose hair shows a specific pattern of hair loss (i.e. have thinning localized to the front and/or top part of their scalp) and who have enough donor hair on the back and sides of their scalp, can go for FUE hair transplant. It gives permanent and natural results.
The kind of baldness determines the cost of hair transplant by FUE scarless method. Fill our online consultation form or mail your scalp pictures on [email protected] (5 pics frontal, top, both side and back view) to find out the exact cost of hair transplant in your case. You can book a free consultation session with our hair expert at our clinic to know in detail about the procedure.
Yes, no shaving or trimming of hairs are required at the place where the grafts are to be implanted. Only limited amount of hair is trimmed on the donor site on back of scalp. It’s performed in such a way that the remaining hairs will keep the trimmed area hidden.
You can start working from the next day. You face no food or travelling restriction post the procedure.
So far, there has been no case of hair transplant causing any permanent risks or complication. You will face some sort of discomfort and swelling on the forehead post hair transplant. Your doctor will give you medicines for it.
We will explain to you an anti-hair loss medication. It will control your current hair fall. Medication is used to stabilize hair loss so that you don’t lose your existing hair.